Sunday, January 17, 2010

Don't Hold Your Breath

IHOP-KC was amazing. We had a great time road-tripping (one of my fav. things to do), and once we got down there, we went to the Awakening service at the Forerunner School of Ministry. You can watch them Online from 6pm-12am CST Wednesday-Sunday.  It was awesome to get the opportunity to sit in the presence of God and receive.  Life can suck the life out of a person, ya know? LOL  But there are places of Oasis in the desert, and IHOP-KC was that for me.
2 Corinthians 3:17 says, "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."

It's true. I can't really describe it any other way except that it's like coming up for air.  Sometimes, in a really intense movie or conversation, I'll find that I'm holding my breath and I don't even realize it. And all of the sudden I get uncomfortable and unconsciously suck in this huge gulp of air. And it's such a relief!
I guess in life sometimes I hold my breath. But entering into a sanctuary of God's presence - there are people who have prepared the way, so all I have to do is engage - is like taking a deep, refreshing breath.

If you haven't experienced the manifest presence of God, I'd really start praying about it. We can't go too long without air. Getting into reading God's Word every single day is a huge part of that. The Bible is God-breathed. It's His Breath of Life. Like an oxygen tank for our spirits. I know it might seem boring and foreign, but that's why I do this blog. To create a community where we can all read together and talk about what we're getting, questions we have, or just know that you're not the only one chasing hard after God.  Our church is doing the Bible in One Year program, and I've decided to post the listing here. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the Blog to find it. I was doing another program, but I'm excited about reading the same thing at the same time as my community. I'm inviting anyone who would like to join on in. There is an oasis in Omaha, NE, taking in this air together. (Did I just mix my metaphors?) And there's power in unity.

I'm also going to post the link to my pastor's last few sermons on the importance of God's Word. Trinity Omaha I think he does a really good job of breaking it all down to where it makes sense. I tend to ramble. :)  He even played with swords today in church! LOL (Annie, you know you want one...)

It's only the 17th of January. It's SO not too late to start. Start with today's reading, and then go from there. And, if you have a day off in the next YEAR, maybe use some of that time to go back and catch the first 16 days. :) Then come share. We're all in this together (insert High School Musical theme song).
God's doing something huge.

I didn't forget about my curiosity on John the Baptist. I'll come back to that for sure.
For now, thanks for reading! Love you all.

(Oh, and PS: some of you email me or message me on Facebook instead of replying to the blog, and that's totally awesome, too! I love hearing from you.)

1 comment:

Annie said...

hehehe, thanks for the nod to me about Swords.

ShareThis